What are 5 interesting facts about Aphrodite?
- 1.1 Aphrodite had many children with different men.
- 1.2 Aphrodite was often associated with several symbols.
- 1.3 She was one of the three contestants for the apple of Eris.
- 1.4 Aphrodite was the sculptor’s favorite.
- 1.5 Aphrodite’s depictions are perfectly symmetrical.
What did Aphrodite do in her life? She was known primarily as a goddess of love and fertility and occasionally presided over marriage. Additionally, Aphrodite was widely worshipped as a goddess of the sea and of seafaring; she was also honoured as a goddess of war, especially at Sparta, Thebes, Cyprus, and other places.
What is Aphrodite facts and characteristics? APHRODITE was the Olympian goddess of love, beauty, pleasure and procreation. She was depicted as a beautiful woman often accompanied by the winged godling Eros (Love). Her attributes included a dove, apple, scallop shell and mirror. In classical sculpture and fresco she was usually depicted nude.
What is special about Aphrodite? Her special powers were those of love and desire. She had a belt that had the power to cause others to fall in love with the wearer. Some of the other Greek goddesses, such as Hera, would borrow the belt from time to time. Aphrodite had the ability to cause fighting couples to fall in love again.