What are 5 interesting facts about Thailand?
- Bangkok’s Real Name Is a Real Mouthful.
- Bangkok Was Once the ‘Venice of the East’
- Thais Adore Their Royal Family.
- Around 95 Percent of Thais Are Buddhist.
- Thailand Is Home to the World’s Largest Solid Gold Buddha.
- Most Thais Have a Nickname.
- The Thai Language Has 76 Letters.
- Monkeys Rule in Lopburi.
What is the most interesting thing about Thailand? Thailand is the only Southeast Asian country that was never colonized by an European country. In fact, in the Thai language, the name of the country is Prathet Thai which means “land of the free.” Very fitting! 2. Thailand is where you’ll find both the smallest and the largest creatures.
What things is Thailand known for?
- Temples. Thailand is a heavily Buddhist country with more than 41,000 temples, and more being built all the time.
- Monks. With over 41,000 Buddhist temples across the country, you can imagine there are plenty of monks around.
- Street Food.
- Tuk Tuks.
- Elephant Pants.
What is unique about Thailand’s culture? Its unique culture mixes strong Indian influences, Chinese traditions, and elements that are absolutely Thai. With its diverse geography, friendly people, and stunning scenery, the “Land of Smiles” is a must-see destination in South East Asia.