What are two interesting facts about Turkey?
- The first ever Christian church was located in Antioch, Turkey.
- Santa Claus was born in Patara, Turkey.
- The country’s official name is actually the Republic of Turkey.
- Leonardo da Vinci once designed a bridge across the Golden Horn.
What is something unique about Turkey? Turkey Has One of the World’s Biggest and Oldest Malls
If you love to shop for local items and buy souvenirs when you’re traveling you’ll be interested to know that the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul, with the official name of Kapali Carsi in Turkish dates back as far as 1455 making it the oldest covered market in the world.
What are 5 interesting facts about Istanbul?
- Istanbul is located both in Europe and Asia.
- Istanbul is one of the world’s most populated cities.
- Istanbul was the capital of many empires.
- Istanbul is not the modern-day capital city.
- Istanbul is the City on the Seven Hills.
- Istanbul is home to the world’s second-oldest subway.
What is Istanbul famous for?
- The Blue Mosque.
- Sultanahmet Square.
- Galata Tower.
- Grand Bazaar.
- Çamlıca Hill.
- Dolmabahçe Palace.
- Theodosian Walls.
- The Hagia Sophia.