What is special about May 8th? This Day in History – May 8, 1945, was the day Nazi Germany declared an end to the war. People called the day V-E Day, or Victory in Europe Day, for it was a celebration of their victory.
What happened on May 8th 2008? Cyclone Nargis: An international relief operation begins after cyclone Nargis strikes Burma, with at least 63,500 people reported killed or missing. (Reuters via NineMSN)
What happens on May 9th? 1960 The FDA approved the first birth control pill, Envoid. 1974 Impeachment hearings began against President Nixon. 1994 Nelson Mandela was chosen as South Africa’s first Black president.
What is July 30th known for?
- 1935 First Penguin Paperback.
- 1953 U.S.A. Communist Leaders Arrested.
- 1956 U.S.A. “In God We Trust” Added.
- 1965 U.S.A. Social Security Act.
- 1966 : England win the World Cup in extra time at Wembley Stadium.
- 1971 Lunar Rover Used For First Time.
- 1974 Nixon Releases Watergate Tapes.